Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lose the Weight Slowly

Some people may argue with me, but I lost my weight really slowly. 45 pounds in over a year, I mean that is a very slow, steady pace, but all the research says that type of weight loss keeps it off. I didn't gain the weight over night, I am not going to lose it over night. It is quite the process, and that is alright. I think the hardest part for me was to realize, yes, it will take a bit. This is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix in any way.

I thought this article really reaffirms how I feel about weight loss. It is slow and it is ok to cheat. You have to, you will want the scone sometime. You can't deprive yourself forever.

And most importantly, you need to know what to do after the weight is gone. You need to plan for that just as much as the weight loss itself. How do you maintain all the hard work you did?

No comments:

Post a Comment